Sunday, July 26, 2009

Number Five

I only have one "emotional" thought today...
The other day, someone compared me to another person. They labeled me "emotional" while the other person was labeled "logical". Typically, emotional has a negative connotation, am I right? But I got to thinking. I would rather be emotional than logical any day. In fact, I feel bad for the ones that live their lives with no feeling and base everything off of pure logic. I would rather be angry, sad, frustrated, and emotional than to be numb to everything around me. What do you learn without feeling? Sure, you may have every literary device memorized or maybe you can recite a 150 line poem off the top of your head. You have the ability to expand your brain - congrats! But is that it? By feeling, I learn things every single day that a strictly logical person would never have the chance to learn. I'd rather have my heart broken and stand up stronger than to never understand what it feels like to fall. So maybe "emotional" was supposed to be a bad thing - but I can't say I agree. "Logical" lives through books and fact. "Emotional" lives through life and experience. Which one looks better now, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment