Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Number One

Yes, I've joined the club..
First and foremost: for those that claim blogs to be just "attention getters", feel free to click on that red X at the top right corner of this screen. Your presence isn't needed.
I have a lot of thoughts. A lot of them. Not all of them are going to be liked. And, frankly, I don't really feel that I need to apologize. But for future reference, even when I'm frustrated and upset, my friends are my friends. No matter what, "'til death do us part", I'll be there for them. A couple of thoughts won't change that.
First Thought: I've thought about this before, but now is the time I'm going to bring it up. Why is it such a big deal how people choose to spend their time or live their life? Earlier this year, it really frustrated me when people got all caught up in a friend's decision to change their life. This guy, friends with everyone, just chose to switch up the way he was living. He chose to make a few changes. And everyone got all pissy about it. The biggest thing I didn't get though - there were so many other people who had already made that change, so why him. Why bug out about him? That's an old thought.
Second Thought: I'm getting baptized this Sunday and, yeah, I'm a little bit terrified. All the attention and everything. But I think it is such a cool thing. A lot of things have changed for me over the last couple of years, better yet, the last 6 months. I see everything a little differently now. I'm still the same person, I have just switched up some of my priorities.
Third Thought: Prom. So, it's senior year. We've been through four crazy years of high school, AP exams, field trips, successes, and failures. Now, we are getting down to the end. Thursday is our Senior Awards Ceremony. We get to see who get's what scholarships and what not. Then all the seniors hang out for the rest of the day and do yearbooks (of course in our college t-shirts). This weekend is my best friend of 12 years' graduation. I'm so excited for her but also SO jealous she's already finished. Then I have some grad parties to attend, two exams (but hopefully one) to take, and then one of the much anticipated nights: senior prom. Okay, but really. Hate to burst the bubble of your ideal prom, but what's the big deal about it? It's just a high school dance, not in the school building, $40 more expensive (not to mention the price of a tux, dress, limo, dinner, etc.). The only really good thing about it is the chocolate fountain. Other than that, what makes it so special? But, even so, all the girls will get together and get ready (yes, me included). Unfortunately this year, I'm probably one of the only ones - out of MANY - that is dateless. And, as much as I hate to say it, it sucks. Like, kind of upsets me. To the future - I'm sure I'll get over it. Just turn on some music and dance the night away =)
Fourth Thought: I've been waiting years for June 20th to come. Caps, gowns, cameras, and friends. As excited as I am to get out of this town I've been stuck in for 17 years, I'm not sure if I'm really all that ready to go. Sure, I can't wait to get out of my mom's leash. But leaving my friends? These are the people I put all my heart and effort into. The people that I would drop anything for, it doesn't matter what I am doing or what the numbers read on my clock. The people, a majority at least, that I have gone through all of school with. Around August, we will all go our separate ways. That's a little terrifying, am I right? Sure, I'm going to James Madison - also known as "Thirteenth Grade" - but that doesn't include everyone. My best friend, the guy who came into my life at the exact right time and who saved my life (if you don't already know, maybe this story will come out sometime), he is going to school across the country. Everytime I think about it, it sucks. He'll come home a couple of times during the year, then a short summer, and then he will be leaving to go on a two-year mission. So, even if we tried, we are most likely going to grow apart. I'm one who always believes that things happen for a reason, even if it seems stupid and ridiculous at the time. But it's hard to imagine that growing apart from your best friend is supposed to happen. That's a change that I'm not ready for I don't think. But I guess that's gotta change.
Final Thought: If you didn't like this, I'm sorry. Criticism not desired. If you want to disagree, do it on your own time, not on mine. I think what I think and believe what I believe. I'm sorry if that doesn't please you. That's just one story - stay tuned for more =)

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah, i love you girl. and i'm glad you have joined our "journal entry" world haha. as i already told you, i love this post!
    love youuuuuu:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading...a few thoughts of my own...

    1. You'll be FINE at baptism...luckily the video is filmed beforehand...so it's not like you're going to have to preach a sermon in front of everybody.

    2. Dateless to prom?! Who cares...half the time when I had dates to dances in hs I usually ditched them to hang out with the girls..except for the "duty" of slow dances. Wow, I sound so sweet, don't I?!

    3. I'm bummed about your friend that's going far away to college...luckily, we have blogs and facebook to keep us in touch!

    I love you so much girl! Keep on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sarah, you're dancing with me the whole time at prom anyways :) and kristen you and josh should chaperone!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you da bomb homie!

    If you have any questions about baptism please ask me, I'd love to tell you everything that went on last time =D

    ReplyDelete